- Introductory and orientation period (STEOP)
- u:account service & U:SPACE
- Term dates
- Semester planning
- Course Registration System
- Recognition of courses and exams
- Extension Curricula
- Alternative Extensions
- Free Elective Courses
- Studying at more than one university
- Diploma Supplement
- Changing of personal data
- Studying Abroad
Alternative extensions ("Alternative Erweiterungen") are a combination of courses you may choose without having to consult with your study programme director ("Studienprogrammleitung"). If your bachelor programme includes a complementary study programme ("Erweiterungscurricula") then you have the option to complete alternative extensions to an extent of 15 ECTS instead.
Please note: supplementary exams in Latin, Greek or biology cannot be recognized within the framework of alternative extensions.
Areas for alternative extensions
You may choose alternative extensions from the following areas:
- Additional courses from your study programme or another study programme at the University of Vienna (depending on the places still available in the respective courses)
- Additional courses offered at another Austrian postsecondary educational institution (e.g. another university)
- Additional courses offered at another postsecondary educational institution abroad
- Courses, exams or certificates from another postsecondary educational institution, which are considered a proof of proficiency in a certain language
- Work as a student representative can reduce the extent of the alternative extensions
For 2, 3 and 4, you will need to apply for recognition to the study programme director.
For 1 and 5 no separate application for recognition is necessary, as the assignment of courses to the respective module "Alternative Extensions – Alternative Erweiterungen" can be done via U:SPACE.