- Introductory and orientation period (STEOP)
- u:account service & U:SPACE
- Term dates
- Semester planning
- Course Registration System
- Recognition of courses and exams
- Extension Curricula
- Alternative Extensions
- Free Elective Courses
- Studying at more than one university
- Diploma Supplement
- Changing of personal data
- Studying Abroad
u:account service & u:space
After the admission you need to activate your u:account (with your matriculation number and the password chosen in the pre-registration).
In the activation you have to choose a new password – your u:account password. If you have forgotten your password please contact the Computer Center. After the activation you receive a u:account user ID. With this u:account user ID and the u:account password you can log into u:space.
After the activation of your u:account you receive an e-mail address (aMatriculationnumber@unet.univie.ac.at or - if you started from winter semester 2014/15 - UserID@univie.ac.at). The University of Vienna will use this address exclusively to inform you of changes in the administration and study related issues via e-mail. For the login you need the u:account password and your u:account userID (aMatriculationnumber; e.g. a1234567).
You can forward the u:account e-mails to your private e-mail account.
What do you need the u:account for?
- Payment of the tuition fee
- Printing the student records (confirmation of studies…)
- Printing the payment bill
- Registration for courses and examinations
- Checking your grades
- Checking the tuition fee payment
- Registration of minors (Erweiterungcurricula)
- Changing the address
- E-learning platforms of the University of Vienna
- Confirming the continuation of studies, etc.
- Applying for achievement scholarships
- Continuing the admission when payment has been done at another university
- Participating in the dedication of the tuition fee
As long as your studies are continued your u:account remains active.