Feedback geben



Degree programme students who make use of another University's teaching while remaining fully enrolled at only one university are called co-registered students (Mitbeleger). Some degree programmes at the University of Vienna, at the Technical University of Vienna and at the University of Economics are 'inter-universitary courses'. Students of these degree programmes also have to register as co-registered students at the beginning of every semester.

Students of the University of Vienna can co-register at other universities, too. The procedures are similar but not identical. Please find information at the respective university you want to co-register at and mind the admission periods. About the possibility to get exams recognized which were taken as a co-registered student at another university please ask the director of your degree programme.

Who can't co-register at the University of Vienna?

  • Students who are already registered as degree students (ordentliche Studierende) at the University of Vienna
  • Students from Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen) or non-Austrian universities
  • In case you did not pass 15 ECTS within the study at your main university
  • students from non-Austrian universities
  • Non-degree students from other Austrian universities

How to co-register at the University of Vienna for the first time?

For a co-registration at the University of Vienna you need the current student record (Studienblatt) of your main university. Therefore you have to pay the tuition fee and/or the students' union fee at your university at first.

In order to co-register you need to take the following steps:

  1. Register in U:SPACE and activate your u:account
  2. Send in the following documents until the end of the extended admission period (winter semester: November 30th; summer semester: April 30th):
    • current student record
    • student ID
    • a certificate of 15 ECTS you already passed (proved by your transcripts)
  3. Activate your u:account
  4. Check if the co-registration has been entered at U:SPACE
  5. Print the admission record of the University of Vienna via U:SPACE or one of the Self Service Terminals (SB-Terminals).

You have to send in your student record, your student ID and the transcript proving 15 ECTS to the Admission Office within the admission period ( You can send these documents by e-mail, post or fax. The co-registration can not be completed at the counter in the Admission Office!

You don't need to send in the proof of 15 ECTS:

  • if you follow a teacher accreditation programme at a another university and attend only the educational training at the University of Vienna
  • if you follow a doctoral/PhD programme at another university


How to continue a co-registration?

After having paid the tuition fee and receiving the student record (Studienblatt) of your main university, you have to notify the Admission Office of the University of Vienna of the continuation by sending a fax or e-mail of the current admission record, your student's ID and your transcripts (proving 15 ECTS). The co-registration has to be renewed also in case of inter-university degree programmes.

Admission period

Zusätzliche Informationen


Universität Wien
Student Point
Universitätsring 1
1010 Wien
Tiefparterre, Hof 4, Stiege 6
Tel. +43/1/4277-10600

Further contact information