Feedback geben


Exams taken at other universities

If you wish to have courses/exams recognized which were taken at a university or college other than the University of Vienna, you can submit an application with the study programme director ("Studienprogrammleitung") of your faculty.

The study programme director decides if prior courses/exams can be recognized for your current studies and for which corresponding module.

Information regarding the recognition of internships or prior research activities can also be obtained from the study programme director in charge.

Application for recognition

Before submitting an application for recognition, please contact your study programme director in order to discuss a possible recognition of your courses/exams you took abroad.

You can obtain the necessary application form "Application for recognition" ("Ansuchen um Anerkennung von Prüfungen") at the StudyServiceCenter (StudienServiceCenter or StudienServiceStelle). You then submit the application form together with your transcript of records (a transcript of your grades) to the study programme director in charge.

The more detailed your transcript of records is, the faster the processing of your application will be.

All documents will need to be submitted either in the original or notarized copies. Documents which were not issued in either German or English will need to be submitted with a certified translation.

Once your courses/exams have been recognized, you will receive a letter of recognition from the StudyServiceCenter. Normally recognized courses/exams are not listed in your transcript of records ("Sammelzeugnis") of the University of Vienna. The recognition is confirmed by this letter.

Tasks of the study programme director

Zusätzliche Informationen


Universität Wien
Student Point
Universitätsring 1
1010 Wien
Tiefparterre, Hof 4, Stiege 6
Tel. +43/1/4277-10600

Further contact information